Mckeesport, Pennsylvania

I am a disabled citizen of Pittsburgh, PA.I am dually enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid as I cannot afford copays, bills, etc.

I live on a Social Security Disability Insurance benefit of $940.00 per month. I use both health care networks in Pittsburgh. I never receive a bill from UPMC but I am constantly receiving bills from AHN. When I contacted AHN billing , they always have an excuse to justify the bill.

When I explained my insurance arrangement to them, they claim to have already processed the bills through both medicare and medicaid and these are the amounts left over. I began to send them $5.00 per month but continued to receive these erroneous bills from services that I did not recall receiving. After receiving yet another "Fantasy" bill, I contacted Gateway Health and they did indeed verify that I am not supposed to be billed. I contacted AHN about this issue and asked for my $10.00 back.

The next day on their patient information website MyChart they had justified the $10.00 by saying that the 2 $5.00 payments were used for a MyChart monthly fees. MyChart is a free service. They have yet to return the money ($10 is nothing to most people, but for a disabled person trying to survive on a small disability check, it is a lot of money.) Once they spoke to a Gateway representative all of the bills stopped. But they still reuse to refund the $10.00.

If this fraud is occurring over a $10.00 amount, they must be trying this scam with all AHN patients using scare tactics such as threatening to send bills to collection agencies, deliberately trying to ruin patients' credit.

AHN must be forced to comply.If not, they should lose their permission to operate in Western PA and allow the professional UPMC Health Network to become Pittsburgh's only Health Network.

Had an Experience with Allegheny Health Network?

Comments

Yes, I agree.If Allegheny Health Network is going to stoop this low, they do not deserve to operate in Western Pa.

The enemy of your enemy is your friend.UPMC will trump AHN.